About Waterbound KooikerhondjeWaterbound Kooikers is a small kennel in Alvin, Texas, USA.
Waterbound Kooikerhondje have each been carefully selected for their diverse pedigrees.
Waterbound Dogs Undergo 5 Health Screenings
1. VON WILLEBRAND DISEASE (vWD)
Testing is available through Utrecht University of Veterinary Medicine in the Netherlands by blood sample. All breeding stock is required to be tested for the carrier status.
2. HEREDITARY NECROTIZING MYELOPATHY (ENM)
A DNA blood test is available to screen for carrier status of ENM through Utrecht University of Veterinary Medicine in the Netherlands by blood sample. All breeding stock is required to be tested for the carrier status.
3. PATELLA LUXATION
Dogs used for breeding should be free or only minimally affected with patella luxation and should carry a valid Orthopedic Foundation for Animals’ (OFA) certificate.
4. HIP DYSPLASIA
Ask a qualified veterinarian to x-ray your dog and submit results to Orthopedic Foundation for Animals’ (OFA). All breeding stock should be tested.
5. EYE DISEASE
It is important to have Kooikers examined by a board certified Veterinary Ophthalmologist and registered with CERF, the Canine Eye Registration Foundation.
Waterbound puppies are from carefully researched pedigrees.
The Volhard Puppy Aptitude Test is performed at 49 days to help place puppies in the appropriate home.
Waterbound litters are raised the Avidog way.
I have been showing and breeding purebred dogs since 1983. I have titled dogs in conformation, obedience, rally, agility, fly ball and field. Kooikerhondjes became my focus in 2008 with the acquisition of my foundation bitch, UCK CH Vonlin’s Temple of the Winds RE, AX, MXJ, FDCH, CGC.
Since 2008, my goal at Waterbound has been to produce beautiful, companion dogs that are able and willing to compete in all aspects of Kooikerhondje activities. We are a small kennel with a limited but well-planned breeding program. This means that each breeding is of tremendous importance to us and that we concentrate our efforts into caring for and socializing our pups. We follow a unique, state-of-the-art puppy rearing and development program that gives all of our pups, no matter their future, the best possible start in life.
- AKC Breeding Basics
- ABC’s of Dog Breeding, Breeding Systems
- ABC’s of Dog Breeding, Genetics, Part 1
- ABC’s of Dog Breeding, Genetics, Part 2
- How Nutrition Influences Reproduction
- Whelping & Medical Intervention
- 2015 Canine Breeder Excellence Seminar – UCDavis
- Managing the Valuable Stud Dog – Marty Greer DVM
- Managing the Valuable Brood Bitch – Marty Greer DVM
- The Top 10 Things Experienced Breeders Can Do to Improve Neonatal Survival – Marty Greer DVM
- The Pink Paw Program-Breast Cancer Awareness for Dogs and Cats – Marty Greer DVM