Puppy Contracts. Presently the price of our puppies is $2,500. We are confident that our puppies and the support provided over the puppy’s lifetime are worth it. These prices represent not only the quality of the sire and the dam, but the considerable time and effort we put into researching pedigrees, importing breeding stock from foreign countries, health testing our dogs , raising our puppies and carefully matching each puppy with each buyer.
This price includes:
- A healthy puppy that has been individually matched to you and is prepared to easily transition to your home
- AKC registration
- Microchipping and registration with AKC Reunite
- Worming and first distemper/parvo vaccination
- Collar and leash
- Four days worth of food
- DNA tests for vWd and ENM
- Lifetime support
We sell three categories of puppies: breeding, performance, and pet.
- Our breeding puppies are those who show the quality health, conformation, and temperament that we demand of our breeding stock. They are sold only to screened, select show or performance homes on co-ownerships. Buyers must agree that all future breeding of the dog will be done under our guidelines and that follow the Kooikerhondje Club of the USA’s Code of Ethics and Best Breeding Practices.
- Performance puppies are those puppies with the health, conformation, and temperament for them to excel at one or more canine activities: agility, obedience, rally, fly ball, etc…These puppies are sold with AKC Limited Registration with non-breeding contracts.
- Pet puppies are sold to qualified homes on Limited Registrations with non-breeding contracts. They are raised just like our breeding and performance puppies but may not have the conformation or drive of a performance dog. They are bright, stable puppies who want active ,social lives but may not thrive under the pressure of competition.
Sales of all Waterbound puppies are formalized through an individual sales contract. The details of the contract outline the care owners must be willing to provide their puppy.
Warranty. We carefully screen all breeding stock but the ambiguity surrounding the environmental and hereditary causes of many conditions and diseases make a guarantee impossible. Instead, we warranty our puppies against genetic defect that limits the dog’s ability to fulfill the purpose for which it was purchased.
If one of our dogs is unable to fulfill his original purpose due to a genetic disease, we offer a refund of half the purchase price. Similarly, if any breeding quality puppy has a disqualifying fault under the AKC breed standard, we will reimburse half the purchase price; or, at the request of the owner we will consider offering a replacement puppy with one from our next breeding at half the purchase price. We do not expect owners to return their dog unless they choose to.